Grimm Fabrications- Photo Credit- Of' Storms Creative Studios

Friday 10 January 2014

Sewing and Designing

It's kind of weird. Everything I do involves sewing, but in actuality, I used to be an extremely impatient, didn't-want-to-follow-patterns, horrible, sewing student. My mum was my sewing teacher in 4-H, and I'm pretty sure that she wanted to wring my neck. I was just so terrible! Kind of funny, looking back. Still, at some point, it became apparent to me that I needed to sew in order to accomplish my goals. And now I'm designing things and actually following patterns. Who saw that coming? 

To explain the image... This is what I would like to look like when sewing. Victorian garb, treadle sewing machine, facial expression, and all. 

Just kidding. That's how I already look when I'm sewing. Except that I wear leggings, my set-up is on the floor, and I watch hours of movies and TV instead of looking complacently happy. Still, I don't think there's a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment