Grimm Fabrications- Photo Credit- Of' Storms Creative Studios

Monday 20 January 2014

Kimono


I'm finally putting my Arcane fabric to use. I printed this last year as part of a repeat pattern assignment in my printing on cloth class. I absolutely adored making this fabric. It is silk, printed with dye. 


I'm planning to make a limited run of kimono shrugs using this fabric. I'm going to either weave or crochet a fringe to go on the sleeves. I'm thinking that it will be a run of three or four, and they'll be part of the upcoming Chiromancy collection. The sample that I made is so nice and light, and I think they'll be perfect for spring and summer. Even fall. Silk is nice because it insulates. If it's cold outside it's warmer, and when it's hot outside the silk will keep you cooler. Magic fabric, and it's so luxurious. 

I'm so excited to photograph these kimonos when they're done. It'll be beautiful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment